Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Onto the Outside Rein

Cadence has been absolutely fantastic, as of late.  Her two lunge sessions with my coach worked wonders in regards to getting her balanced, even, and giving to the right rein.  What that's meant for us is that now when we canter left, I can actually use my right rein and
A) Check her back
B) Soften her
C) Bring her underneath herself
D) All of the above
Answer: D) All of the above, although C is still more theoretical... theoretically the usage of my right rein should allow me to use that, BUT we're still working on getting the first two 100% of the time.
However, the lunge sessions have also allowed us to truly start working on some collection and extension in the trot.  In my opinion, her canter is still not balanced enough to get it there, but we've had some absolutely beautiful moments in the trot.

In Launa news: One of my good friends who is currently on a riding hiatus due to injured horses and school is looking at part-boarding Launa until she's sold.  I think it'll be good for both of them, and I hope all works out!  She's coming to try Launa out tomorrow, so cross your fingers.
Launa and I also upped the height of our jumping last night.  Now we're jumping a cross rail that's 2'3 on the sides, versus 18" :)  She's such a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment