Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Step for Launa

Well, it appears that Launa's moving on to another stage of her life;  she now has a part-boarder.  I'm happy with how this has worked out.  Launa now has somebody (aside form myself, that is) to love her, care for her, and keep her training up to date.  Additionally, Laura now has a pony in her life again.  At the same time, I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue riding Launa, and if that's the case (not that I'd hesitate to relinquish my duties to Laura) I'm really going to miss Launa.  She's been so much fun... and I think when she goes, she'll take a little piece of my heart with her.

Cadence has been doing fantastically though.  Much lighter on the contact. more consistent through transitions and changes, and oh so much better with that right rein!  We're continuing on with the little bit of collection and extension work, as well as the beginnings of lateral movements.  Her reverse on the haunches is looking awesome, and the reverse on the forehand going to the right is good, but pushing her through to the left is still nearly impossible.  All in good time, I suppose.

When we jumped on Wednesday, I was disturbed to find that my little mare could consistently bounce 24 feet, without lunging, rushing, scrambling, or awkward distances.  No idea how she managed that....  We added a pole to the center and fixed the problem though.  Well, temporarily solved the problem.  It was the same issue we had in our lesson on Sat, where she was jumping the bending lines beautifully, but chopping a full stride off the distances (even with them lengthened)  In both cases, we just worked till we could get it consistently.  How a wee* thing like her can manage that and still feel so smooth and relaxed, I may never know.

*If 16.1 can be considered wee.... keep her overall stature in mind here

No comments:

Post a Comment