Monday, January 17, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Thanks OnTheBit for the Stylish Blogger Award!
http://onthebit.wordpress.com/


There are 4 duties to perform to receive this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

7 things about myself:
1) When I really like something, or get excited about something I obsess.  No, I REALLY obsess.  I spend hours reading and researching, I devote a lot of time and thought into planning and contemplating, and most irritatingly to those around me, I talk about it.  I was told by one of my friends today that I need to get some new hobbies, because she's tired of hearing about my current ones.  Sorry Megan, but I like mine just fine!

2) I love music, specifically 70's rock.  The Runaways are my all time favourite band, but I also love Bowie and Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. However, I really listen to a lot of everything.  Its very dependent on my mood.  I really enjoy finding little known Canadian bands, and doing my best to give them a shout out.  Speaking of which, if you like pop-type rock, check out The Playdates, formerly 16th Avenue.  I also play a few different instruments, but I prefer listening to music over playing it.

3) I love baking.  I like cooking as well, but I prefer baking.  I think this one was inspired by my current craving for whipped shortbread.  Yummm....  I do love store bought cookies though.  From childhood I was raised on home made cookies, so those sugary icing filled things you see in the store always fascinate me! 

4) I've always thought it would be fun to try barrel racing.  I never have, and I don't have a horse who knows how to, or a coach to teach me, but one day I will try that.  I also think it would be fun to go on a cattle round up.  Ah well... more things to add to that 'One Day' list.

5)I'd really like to own and run a barn.  Over the summer I house/barn sat for the lady who owns Arty, and the barn he's at.  I had so much fun, despite the fact mucking out stalls in 95 degree heat really sucks.  I prefer barn work to housework, and I love caring for the animals.  Lugging water out to all of the troughs may have hurt my back, but on the plus side I got to keep a constant eye on my pony.  This one sort of goes along with the last, but its more of an 'If Only' than 'One Day'

6) I'm very distractible, have a terrible short term memory, and tend to be rather energetic.  Riding affords me a chance to concentrate, and holds my attention for long periods of time.  I think its because I'm constantly working on something; my mind is always busy when I ride.  However, when I do concentrate on something, I go off into my own little world.

7) I had a very hard time writing this.  I don't know what it was, but I found it difficult to find 7 things to say about myself. I probably ended up sounding half crazed and narcissistic, or half crazed and dead boring.  I'm probably not helping that right now, so I think I'll just shut up. 

Passing on the Glory
This part was easy.  I haven't been reading anybody's blog for very long, so they're all new and exciting to me.  Here's my list:

1) The Trotting Post
2) Miles on Miles
3) Dapple of My Eye
4) My Michigan Riding
5) Standardbred Excellence
6) Book Reader Anonymous
7) Wet Reins
8) On Horses and Boys... And Everything In Between
9) The Many Misadventures
10) A Good Horse
11) On Track for A CCI1*
12) Song of the Black Horse: A Student's Notes
13) Equine Insanity
14) How Did This Happen?
15) Nina's Story (I know, I cheated.  Barb and Nina have already gotten this award, but I couldn't leave my favourite blog off the list, could I?)

3 comments:

  1. You love baking and are distractable? You may be my new BFF. "What's that over there?" *nom nom nom*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I am honored. :) I am glad I found your blog too. I admit I am bad at leaving comments, but I like to read each time you post! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure its against the rules but I nominated you too.

    ReplyDelete