Friday, January 14, 2011

Resurfacing

I am slowly resurfacing from the wave of sickness that has pulled me under in recent days.   I thought yesterday would be my last day in bed, as I was feeling much better, but apparently I overexerted myself, so today I was back in bed.  I've now missed every single day I was supposed to ride Cadence, Monday because of my coach's back, and Wednesday and Today (Friday) because I'm stuck in bed.

On a more positive note, I will ride Cadence tomorrow.  I may regret it afterwords, as I've lost absolutely all of my muscle mass since I've been sick, (seriously. I can barely walk up the stairs, and get tired walking from one room to the next) but I'll do absolutely everything in my power to get myself to the barn tomorrow. 
On a less positive note, it feels like ages since I've seen The Pony (in reality, I saw Arty on Monday) and it has been ages since I've ridden him.  Last time I rode him was on new years eve.  When I went out to see him Monday, he was all alone in the grassy part of the field.  His pasture buddy, Clarence, was chatting over the fence with the TB's in the field next door, but Arty had his priorities: eat now, socialize... never.  Arty happily walked up to me, and after searching my pockets (and munching on the mints he retrieved) followed me over to the gate.  Actually, he got distracted right before the gate by a pile of hay, but that's not the point.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are still feeling bad. Hope things turn around fast. Make sure you are hydrated before you go ride, that weak feeling is sometimes dehydration from being sick.

    ReplyDelete