Friday, March 30, 2012

On Weather, Winter, & Inconveniences

When I returned home from my trip to Ireland, I got off the airplane to ridiculously hot (70 degree) temperatures, and promptly spent the next few days in shorts, t-shirts, and summer dresses.  People thought summer was here to stay, but me and my cynical self didn't believe it.  Guess what?  I was right.  Last year, we had a big snow storm at te end of march, following some pretty nice summery weather around the middle of the month.  It was nothing like the weather we got this year, but it was warm for March.  Then, at the end of the month we had a foot of snow dumped on us in under 12 hours.  Actually, it was probably under 6 hours... but that's beside the point.
The reason for that little trip down memory lane is that right now, after our soaring summer temps (nearly 80 degrees) I now find myself smack dab in the middle of a snowstorm.  Funny thing is, I can't really bring myself to hate it... it should kill most of the bugs.  Hopefully.

On an unrelated topic, I'm stuck at home in bed after turning down tickets to the Rick Mercer Report.  Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of being sick this weekend... but illness rarely slots itself conveniently into your schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are sick. :-(
    We could use one of our famous spring storms here. To put out the fire up in Conifer and to kill off the first crop of flies. I would even try not to whine about the cold. As long as it was the typical 2 days of spring snow/cold.

    ReplyDelete