Thursday, February 2, 2012

News, News, News

Very inventive with titles, aren't I?  It really displays my expansive vocabulary.  Anywho, I have a few exciting pieces of news on the riding front.
1)If any of you have been reading this blog for a while, you'd remember my old pony, Arty.  Well, I've had the great pleasure of being given one month's lease on him. So for one month, I have my pony back.  To chronicle our month together (yes I'm that excited about this) I've created him a blog.  Please visit One Month Makeover and check it out!
2) While at the barn playing with the pony, I was talking to one of the other boarders.  She fall and hurt her knee skiing, and will be off for the next two months.  This leaves her mare without a rider, and as her owner's incredibly picky about... everything, she didn't want just anyone on her mare's back.  I was thus honored when I was asked if I'd like the ride on her.  The mare, we'll call her Miss L, is a 7 or 8 y/o paint mix who was bred and trained as a reining horse... but is s-l-o-o-o-w.  She also has some western pleasure training, and primarily goes as a trail horse.  It should be a fun challenge.  Providing the weather is good, hopefully I'll try her out this weekend.  Fingers crossed we get along!

No comments:

Post a Comment