Tuesday, March 12, 2013

XC & SJ with D.E. (Now With Pictures)

08.03.2013
D.E. is probably one of the greats of US eventing, and in addition to being an amazing rider ,has written a lot of articles on breeding and bloodlines that I personally, as someone fascinated with both sport horses and genetics, find fascinating. So when my coach suggested we call up her old 'friend and coach' D and see if we could get in for a xc school, I was both excited and terrified.  On the list of people I DON'T want to mess up infront of, he's pretty high up on the list... but I was also going into the lesson (in my mind anyway) representing my coach's training program.  Just to add a bit of extra pressonre! Anyway, long story short I didn't need to worry.  Cadence was brilliant and D was impressed with both her jump and attitude.  It was an educationan school, and a ton of fun to boot!
As an added bonus, I also got to see an awesome picture of my coach going advanced at the old Southern Pines HT that was on D's tack room wall.  The oxer in the photo was big enough to live under, and they were clearing it by about 1.5 feet!  Anywho, here are some video stills from the day.








 



 





 You can't see it here, but we're jumping a little trakehner made from the standards in the photo below.










 again you can't see it, but we're jumping a little christmas tree into the water here.




No comments:

Post a Comment