Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year! 2012 Edition

I'm going to be away, and I probably won't have access to the internet, so here's my New Years Eve blog post just a wee bit early.
Hello, and welcome to the end of the universe.  Well, not yet I suppose.  I was extremely disappointed to learn that the end of the universe wouldn't be until NEXT December.  Wholly unfair, if you ask me.  I had my hopes up thinking it'd come sooner than that... I never have been the patient sort.
Alas I digress; the intent of this post was not to discuss the end of life, the universe, and everything (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, anyone?) but to discuss goals and resolutions.  Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, in the world of Kate, a goal is something to be completed, and a resolution is something to do continuously throughout the year.


2011 Resolutions:
My 2011 new years resolution: Drink more water
Success? Sort of... it's hard thing to quantify/qualify.  I did put in a concerted effort to drink more water.  However, it was more of a here & there kind of thing.

2011 Goals:
1)Ride in at least one sanctioned horse trial: Success, I rode in 2!  However, Miss Cadence and I didn't OFFICIALLY complete any.  Ah well.
2)Ride in one Dressage show: Check.  Cadence and I got first and third, with scores of 59% in Walk/trot test A (she would NOT go near the end of the arena; there was a scary car there) and 69% in w/t test B.
3)Get 4/10 rider levels: Fail.  I didn't get any of my rider levels...  I was never too serious about this one, but I think I'd still like to get them.  Eventually.
4) I had an 'unofficial goal' to get a horse.  Horse goal? Major success!
5)Keep RFTGU going until 2012: Success!

I've been putting a lot of thought into my goals and resolutions for 2012.  More so my goals than my resolutions.  Its not something I generally put a lot of validity into, but I found that looking back on my 2011 year, and the goals I created for it, was a lot of fun and quite helpful.  With that in mind, here's what I've come up with:

2012 Resolutions:
1)I'd like to continue on with the 'drink more water' resolution from 2011, but this time make it more quantifiable.  I'd like to drink two glasses of water/day.  Yeulch.
2)Work out 2x per week.  I think I can manage this one, and I think it'll be helpful in regards to both my riding and my overall health.  This may sound odd coming from a 5'9 105lb girl, but health isn't just about weight, and while I may be thin I also eat awfully which brings me to my 3rd resolution
3)Stop being such a mooch.  I'm an awful mooch; I jus see food and have this uncontrolable desire to eat it!!! It doesn't really matter whose it is, so long as it ends up in my mouth.  I have poor impulse control; this is my attempt to correct it and do something for society as a whole simultaneously.
4)Eat healthier.  Another one of those unquantifiable/unqualifiable resolutions.  MAYBE I can make it quantifiable by 2013 ;)  I seem to have a penchant for goals that area easy to say 'yeah, I totally did that' without REALLY doing it...


2012 Goals:
1) Compete at 1st level.  A challenge? Yes.  Doable? I think so.
2) COMPLETE an event, and hopefully pick up some ribbons.  I'd like to be successfully going Entry by the end of the season, and MAYBE try a PT.  Maybe.  That's not a goal, just an 'outline'.
3) Go camping with Cadence, or go on a fox hunt (or training hunt) with Cadence
4) Get a car... it would make my life oh so much easier.
4) Keep RFTGU going until 2013!  What an odd thought... 2013.  How time flies when you're having a good time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year, and I'll see you all on the other side.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE drinking water! I easily drink 3 litres a day (that's a litre more then the recommended 8 glasses. However, I sit at a desk most of the day, so keeping a bottle of water in front of me and drinking it is easy.

    I'm with you on the impulse eating thing. Except I actually am overweight and want to do something about it. When you figure out the secret to stopping the impulse eating can you please let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the very best with your plans and goals for 2012 :) Hope you have a fabulous year! :)

    ReplyDelete