Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Insomnia and Stupid Evil Farriers!

So unfortunately for me, I haven't been able to get to sleep till around 12:00 each night (or should I say morning), and when I do I wake up every hour or so.  Life sucks.  By the time I actually do get to sleep for more than 45 minutes, my 5:55 alarm clock wakes me up.  It proceeds to promptly be turned off and reset for 7:07.  Yes, I'm OCD about those things ;)  However, I don't think Arty minds too much.  Stupid-evil-ferrier-who-doesn't-know-how-to-do-barefoot-horses-and-only-does-standardbreds-with-shoes trimmed Arty's feet WAY too short again.  Like frog-on-the-ground way too short.  I suppose its time to invest in a better ferrier.  More expenses on me!  I practically pay this pony's board.  Oh, the price of love.  We're going to look @ a boarding barn, 12 (google maps ETA) minutes away from my house.  I'll report back, and explain why we're looking later.
Cheers,
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Good farriers are hard to find. I have been using the same one for 16 years and 3 horses. He drives over 60 miles right now to shoe Nina and I try hard to be a good client. It's a relationship. I will use almost any competent vet, but I see soooo many bad farriers and bad feet that I make sure my farrier and I are on the same page, always. I hope you find a better one.

    ReplyDelete