Naturally something's got to come around and crush that hope. That just appears to be the way life works. On Tuesday, I finally let myself believe and get excited over the fact that Cadence's sale was actually going to go through. Up until this point, I'd tried to stay as emotionally detached as possible because I knew that there was a good chance the sale wouldn't go through. When the vet check went reasonably well, I finally let myself hope and really get excited about everything. Bad decision. While she wasn't perfect, my plan was to have the farrier work on Cadence's feet over the winter, then get a natural barefoot trimmer to take care of her feet from there. I've been a fan of barefoot trimming since I saw how much healthier Artie's feet were than a lot of shod horses. The angle of Cadence's hoof (As seen from the outside) is different than that of her pastern. That's the main reason I believe that her bone alignment could be fixed with some good farrier work. That said, there's no guarantee to that. In addition, she has a little inflammation where a tendon or something connects to the small pastern bone. That is probably just caused by the poor farrier work, but you can never be 100% sure. What if we find out in five months or 10 months that proper hoof care can't in fact fixed her bone alignment? Then we're stuck with a horse that at any point in time could go lame. However, what if I don't get her, and a couple good trims fixes the whole issue? I don't want to wind up with a horse that'll be lame forever, but at the same time I don't want to pass up an amazing opportunity. She's a talented jumper, and even the vet agrees that she's a very nice mover. I don't know... I suppose its a gamble either way.