Saturday, March 31, 2012

Last Post of March 2012

For come tomorrow, March of 2012 will cease to be.  No real importance to that... so I really have no idea why I wrote it.  Anywho, I figured I probably needed to write down the latest developments with The Mare.  Iad a lesson type thing today, and rode in the dressage saddle for the first time since I got it fitted & restuffed.  For reasons that are beyond me, I wholly and completely changed my writing style.  Presonally, I wouldn't enjoy reading posts written like this.  I just don't have the energy to fix it...

Lesson/Assessment Synopsis:
Tacked up, brought the mare into the indoor, and walked around the ring to let her take a look at everything.  Trotted her in hand, & the saddle seemed to be bouncing a lot.  Let down stirrups, tightened girth, and hopped on.  Cadence was pissy, and it seemed like the saddle was hurting her.  Coach walked in, and I explained what was happening as Cadence kicked around.  She made me hop off, looked at the saddle, and re-positioned it on the mare's back.  Mare was happier, saddle didn't bounce, and I felt like an idiot.  Note to self- don't tack up in a rush.  Apparently I do stupid things when that happens.  The saddle was just sitting a bit too far forward, but it was enough to put miss sensitivity in pain & make the saddle fit incorrectly. 
Rest of the ride was great.  Mare was hyper, dancy, strong, and heavy in my hand.  But good compared to what she has been.  Coach said I was putting up with way too much shit from her and letting her boss me around waay too much.  Made mare wear clammer, and gave us homework.  W/t for next week in low frame. Make mare carry herself- she jams her back when pulling on me (note: its not like she's laying hard on my hand or anything.  Compared to many horses, she feels down right light.  Doesn't mean she's carrying herself though.) so this behaviour will only exacerbate the injury and hinder her recovery.  Mare was the epitome of awesomeness in clammer.  Okay, I exaggerated that one a little.  Did 20 min of w/t in total.  Walked mare out, groomed her, and threw her back in the field.  Feet look good- no thrush.  Wierd scabby thing in front of girth area on right side.  Been there for about a week now...  looks like a collection of small scabs.  Other than that, the mare looks good.  Just out of shape.


A/N- Cadence's old owner/breeder is coming down for a visit tomorrow!  Very excited.  She hasn't heard about the latest Cadence related drama (the sore back saga).  Also, random fact- this is cadence's second time in the clammer since the clinic back in November.   Don't know why I'm bothering to write down that totally irrelevant piece of information, but whatever. What's done is done, I suppose (thoguh I don't think that generally refers to typing blog posts.)  Okay, I'll shut up now.

1 comment: