Monday, May 16, 2011

Veterinarianaphobia

Veterinarianaphobia- the fear of vets.  I'm not afraid of vets, just what they'll bring.  I actually wanted to be a vet for the longest time... still a career path I'd consider.  Anyhow, today Cadence has her strangles... vaccine?  It isn't a needle, it's a nasal spray so I don't know if vaccine still applies.  We're worming her today as well.  If we're going to get her down, might as well do it all at once.  I really hope it doesn't affect her... last time was brutal, and now that she's back and doing so well I'd really like to keep her that way.  Especially with our XC school Monday.  Can you tell I'm excited?
   Ain't da pony cute?

 Update: Cadence's vet appointment went really well!  It was short and sweet, and I had time to do a little main thinning in preparation for next weekend's show before the vet arrived.  Cadence handled the nasal-spray very well.  So well that the vet commented on the fact that Cadence probably handled it better than any other horse she's had.  Proud momma moment :)

2 comments: