Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Movin On Up

After Cadence's successful completion & first place finish, my coach decided that we should try to qualify her for the OHTA's year end championship.  The only issue is that champs run from Entry - Intermediate, there's no Pre-Entry division.  So Mare Face would have to move up a level, and soon since champs are early this year.  They're being held the weekend after Labour Day.  My coach said we should go for it anyway.  Cadence seems to be ready, and it'd be fun if we could do it... so this weekend Cadence will be running her first Entry.  there really isn't much of a difference, to be honest.  The jumps are all the same height as PE, its just that now they expect you to have your sh*t together and know what you're doing.  Such high expectations these people have!

To be honest, I'm a bit nervous.... especially since I found out that my coach won't be able to make it (the event was set for Sat, but they moved it up to Sunday & she'd rearranged everything so that she could make it up for Sat, meaning that Sunday was all booked up.) so I'm going to have to figure it out all by my lonesome self D:  I have half a mind do see if another eventer buddy can come up with me, just to help out if need be.  But the other half of me thinks I just need to suck it up and see what happens.

The only thing that really worries me is that if we get even one teensy stop out XC, our campaign for champs is off.  To qualify, we need two clean xc runs (time faults are okay, but no jumping faults) and one top 6 finish.  So to do that we're entered in an event this weekend, and one next weekend, with champs being the following weekend, so we really only have one shot.  Make it around clean, & we're golden.  If not, we're SOL.  We should be fine, but I can't help worrying.

This picture isn't of me, but this was one of my favourite jumps (second favourite.  The skinny was my fave) on the XC course.  It was used in both the PE and E divisions, but unfortunately I didn't get my picture taken over it.  I got the boring red house -_- Isn't it cute though?

No comments:

Post a Comment